The Journal of Writing Research is a relatively new journal, but is already abstracted and indexed in a series of databases. The editors will make every effort to get the journal included in the most relevant databases in the domain of writing research.
At the moment the journal is listed or indexed by:
- listed in the SCOPUS, the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: SCImago journal rank (2021): Cite Score: 4.1
- listed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index - Web of Science (ESCI) (Clarivate; formerly Thomson Reuters) - JCI: 1.80 (2021);
- included in ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences);
- indexed by ResearchGate
- listed in ROAD Directory of Open Access scholarly Resources providing free access to bibliographic records which describe scholarly resources in Open Access;
- listed in the DOAJ, the international Directory of Open Access Journals for quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals;
- listed in the ICO Journal-list, the official journal list of the Dutch Interuniversity Centre for Educational Research;
- indexed by Compile, an inventory of publications in post-secondary composition, rhetoric, technical writing, ESL, and discourse studies.
- indexed by EBSCO (EssentialsTM), a database that provides an integrated service combining several reference databases.
- listed by Genamics JournalSeek, the largest completely categorized database of journal information available on the internet.
- listed by VABB, the official list of journals indexed by the Flemish interuniversity consortium with participation of all Flemish universities
- indexed by Open Academic Journals Index (OAJI), a full-text database of open-access scientific journals.
- listed by Linguist list, a dedicated list of journals for the linguistics community
- indexed by MLA International Bibliography, the leading index for books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics.
- indexed by CNKI, one of the largest academic repositories in China | 写作研究杂志